TV One’s New Show ‘Verses & Flow’ Looks To Bring Poetry To Life

New variety show, Verses & Flow, has been turning heads since the premier aired November 17. Host Harper hopes to introduce, “A wonderful opportunity to introduce genius to everybody.”

“Verses & Flow” runs Thursday evenings until December 22nd. Each show will consist of a performance by a neo-soul, R&B or Hip Hop artist, as well as spoken word and poetic performances by intriguing poets. Each episode is hosted by accomplished film, television and stage actor, and bestselling author, Hill Harper. Harper introduces each segment of the show, which also highlights the resurgence of spoken word.

Bringing a variety of entertainment and styles, the show on November 17th will included songstress Estelle and poets Javon Johnson, Charles Peters, and Chauncey Beaty. Upcoming shows will feature such talent as Tyrese, Pharoahe Monch, Angie Stone, Bone Crusher, Naturally 7, Melanie Fiona and Marsha Ambrosius.

Specifically designed to cater to the African-American audience, “Verses & Flow” found its home at TV One, which also targets this demographic.  TV One airs shows that are geared to highlight a variety of subjects including but not limited to lifestyle, entertainment, concerts, documentaries, and movies.  As Lexus’ broadcast partner, TV One will continue to deliver entertainment to the aforementioned audience.

In addition to the shows on TV One, exclusive content from “Verses and Flow” will appear on Lexus’ Luxury Awaits (www.luxuryawaits.com) portal. At this portal for African- Americans, Lexus will highlight stellar performances todemonstrate that not only does Luxury Await this audience…but compelling entertainment awaits them, as well.

“TV One’s new show, Verses & Flow, brings poetry tolife, offering viewers a rare chance to see spoken word performances from familiar music artists, right alongside world renowned poets.”

– The Urban Daily

Verses & Flow is a chance to “raise people’s consciousness and increase our brain cells. Not just mindless entertainment.” – Hill Harper in the Atlanta Journal Constitution

“Exciting programming.” – Dyana Williams, 100.3 WRNB

To watch previous episodes visit the Episode Guide.

23 Comments

1. Clarence Williams says:

I would love to become a contestant on your show with one of my poems

2. Loretta says:

How to get a young man on stage to say his poetry? He will blow everyone minds. He has a gift, please let me know. Thank u Loretta

3. Loretta says:

How to get a young man on yall stage, to say his poetry? He has a gift that will blow ur mind. Please let me know, thank u Loretta

4. akesha says:

I want to know can I read my poetry on verses and flow?

5. Renita Lattimore says:

Hey I have a son that was on the TV Show The Voice.. And I would like to get him a audition… Please contact me at mos945@aol.com or call me 202-375-3084

Thanks

Renita Lattimore

6. Hi, my name is Curtis Lee Brumfield III and I am a poet/spoken word artist. I have been writing for over 10years. I would love to get some info on how to be a guest poet on the show or send you some videos . Also im only 16 does that make a difference . I can be reached at 540-223-1601. Thanks.

7. I love what you are doing, and seeing my poetry family doing the dang thang on the show. I’m so proud! My name is Yolanda A. Barnes, but everyone calls me Yogii with 2 I’s. I just want to thank everyone for making this avenue available to poets that work hard to be seen and heard.

8. Juan Burnett says:

HELLO!! My name is Juan Burnett,and,i am a spoken word artist as well as a writer.i would like to know how do i become a guest on your show,so that,i can spread some food for thought??? I can reached at 317-828-1444

9. Chrissy Smuniewski says:

Hello. My name is Chrissy Smuniewski. I write poetry. I have a very unique and unusual style of writing. I guarantee you’ve never heard anything like it before. I can promise you that! Is there any way I could be a guest on this show?

Thanks

chrissyski92@yahoo.com

10. Hi, I am an author, writer, poet, and college professor who is interested in appearing on your show. My poetric performances are not only intriguing but stand out among the rest. Please contact SClarkson at 301-509-4283 or swclarkson@earthlink.net for more information. Thank you and I look forward to your response.

11. Kolanda Sanders says:

Does anyone know if Verses and flow will be returning to TV ONe??

12. Torey Hill says:

Hi, my name is Torey (3rd Sunday) Hill and I am a poet/spoken word artist. I have been writing for over 20 years and I would love to get some info on how to be a guest poet on the show. I can be reached at 864-484-7646. Thanks.

• Eboney says:

Hello my name is Eboney I am also inquiring about appearing on show. Has anyone contacted you?

• Lander says:

mean that if anyone don’t like BMW, so I don’t care if they talk shit about BMW. I won’t tell them You shldoun’t watch BMW video if you don’t like BMW. You don’t let anyone who don’t like Lexus watch Lexus video? You better not be sad if anyone hate Lexus, so I like some Japanese cars. I like Lexus LF-A, Nissan GTR, Acura NSX, and more. I like sporty cars and LS don’t have F Performance really sucks.

13. Hi, My name is Melvin Weaver, I would like to know is there any way I can enter just one of my poems to Verses and Flow to see if I got what it takes to become a true poet??? I just wrote a book and I would love for it to get exposed from your show.. thank you very much!!!

14. Anonymous says:

My friend just told me about this and I got very excited. My name is Apple_Reign and I would love to be apart of the show. I have been writing poetry for myself for years but I am just now seeing the community of poets that are out here. I have been missing out. I hope you will feature newcomers to the scene and allow us the opportunity to share or craft. email: appledoo12@yahoo.com. I hope to hear back and would like to thank you in advance

15. Anonymous says:

i would like to know how can some one get their poetry on the show my name is kaziah you can reach me at 414-881-7638. hit a sister back with the information. thanks in advance

16. Lady Dee Rollins says:

ladydeewithpraise@yahoo.com correct email address

• Nitesh says:

I needed to deelte all of the phones installedRemove all phone typesReset or turn car off and on to reset UnitEnable Bluetooth on BBSet type to Bluetooth Handsfree (on car)Set type to Bluetooth Handsfree (on BB 7100)Set BB to DiscoverableSelect Trusted to yes under device propertiesSelect find devices on BB I tried this at least 10 timesSelect Setting on car will start device search (1 minute time out)Hold BB near the GPS unit display don’t ask me why Should be prompted to enter passcode (0000)Select Add Phones (on car) should display BB deviceSelect BB deviceOnce all of the setting have been set then you need to OK everything and restart the unit or car.I was not taking notes during this process. I was actually getting ready to return the BB because I could not get it to work. I cannot promise this will work but it might be a good start.Good luck.I have not tried to sync the contacts list or calendar.OR IF THAT DON T WORK TRY THIS Blackberry 7100G SOLUTIONI too have a Blackberry 7290 and it is true that you cannot transfer data from it to anything else. It seems that Blackberry offers carrier specific programming to all the major phone companies; but they have all decided to lock the data transfer feature out completely from working. Even though these phones do support the capability, Blackberry seems to have recommended to the major phone carriers to NOT ALLOW for such data transfer in order to protect big companies from having data being stolen. This is a total bunch of bull !In the meantime you can buy a Siemans S56 on eBay (make sure it has a Sim card if not, buy for $ 10.00 delivered on eBay). Put in names and numbers in the S56. Add Siemans to the Lexus as additional bluetooth phone. Transfer phonebook from S56 to Lexus. Select Blackberry again as primary bluetooth phone. All names and numbers show up in Lexus LS430 navigation system and you can select and auto dial. Good Luck!

17. Lady Dee Rollins says:

Greetings, my name is Lady Dee and i’d like to know How can I get my poetry exposed on the show?